Serves 4 | Prep time 10mins | Cook 25mins
3 Table spoons extra virgin olive oil
1 onion peeled & chopped finely
1 carrot peeled & chopped
1 celery stic kpeeled & chopped (I generally don’t use celery)
500gm sweet potatoes chopped into 2cm chunks
1 tin of chick peas (400gm)
1 litre of vegetable stock
1 Table spoon Ras Al Hanout Spice Mix (Recipe for this at the bottom of the soup recipe)
Sourdough / Rye break cut into thin slices and toasted (to serve)
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan and saute the onion, carrot and celery on low heat for about 5 minutes
2. Add ras al hanout, half the chick peas, and sweet potatoes. Stir and cook for 2-3minutes
3. Now add the stock, bring it to boil and then turn down and simmer for 15minutes
4. Using hand blender, pulse until smooth
5. Stir in the chick peas and cook for another 5 minutes then season to taste. If you prefer thinner soup, add more water.
6. Dress the soup with coriander and olive oil and scatter some bread a bit like croutons.
I made my own Ras Al Hanout mix by using this recipe
No comments yet.
Be the first one.